Men can be the hardest to shop for. I used to over think it, but now I stick to a simple formula…. Buy him updated versions of the things he already wears, or needs to replace. I used to buy him unique things only have them sit in the closet because he wasn’t comfortable wearing it or didn’t know how to style it. Men are simple and they don’t get excited about the newest it thing like us girls do. They prefer their comfortable space, and we can keep them there, but with our elevated versions they become a better updated version of themselves.
- Lounge clothes with a cool twist. I like to keep his lounge clothes a little cool incase I need to him to run out and grab something, like go to the grocery store, take the dogs to the park, etc. He can just grab a pair of shoes, or flip flops and run.
- A classic soft loafer. I like the a soft textile because it’ll give him the versatility to style them with jeans and a button up or shorts and a t-shirt and still look put together
- Sports Coat. If your man is in the professional world and does a lot of after work entertaining with clients then a well curated collection of sports coats will help him easily get away with wearing a nice clean pair of jeans and still look put together. If he is not in the business of entertaining, having a sports coat on hand is like a woman having that little black dress in her closet just in case something comes up.
- An on trend accessory. Velvet is everything this season, so why not sprinkle a little bit into your mans wardrobe and make him look cool af and he doesn’t even know it because he doesn’t know velvet is everything this season.
- A nice hoodie. I never met a man who doesn’t love a hoodie. Pete would rather wear a hoodie than a coat any day.
- His favorite scent or the new scent from his brand. My current is anything Tom Ford and this Noir Extreme smells divine.
- Athletic Sneaker. You can never go wrong here. But I try to go for the new it sneaker these Adidas NMD are the coolest. He probably doesn’t know, but you do :).
- Wireless Ear Buds. Support his lifestyle. Pete has recently taken up running again so as a piece of encouragement we got his and hers bluetooth beats which also allow you to take phone calls
- Chic tablet case
- Compact portable charger that can fit in his back pocket- Remember ladies, men don’t carry purses.
- Classic shades. Men can destroy a pair of sunglasses in a week, so every year I just replace the ones he already has.
- Classic Reversible belt. This is a little bit of splurge, but if you think about it you are really getting two belts.
- Classic card case. Again, he probably already has one, but why not replace the one thats falling apart
- Cold weather boot, A boot like this will carry him the entire season.
- Grooming kit. I like to encourage him to take care of his skin. Make washing your face at night a joint routine and something to look forward too.